Update touchscreens in interactive kiosks by adding touchless gesture control for hygienic interaction.
Ultraleap’s camera modules and TouchFree software provide touchscreen emulation by detecting a user’s hand in mid-air and converting it to an on-screen cursor.
TouchFree is designed to run invisibly on top of existing user interfaces without the system needing major modifications.
TouchFree runs on top of your existing UI, providing touchless interaction without writing a single line of code.
Provides familiar touchscreen-style interactions:
- A user’s hand is detected, and shown as a cursor displayed on the screen.
- Items are selected by a simple ‘Air Push’ motion like tapping the screen.
- To drag or scroll, ‘Push forward, then move’.
- See Ultraleap’s Design Guidelines for more details on interaction methods.
|‘Call to Interact’ animation for “Air Push”||Instructional panel for “Air Push”|
- Install the latest Leap Motion Service on your kiosk’s Windows PC.
- Mount an Ultraleap camera module to the kiosk PC and connect it via USB.
- Open TouchFree and configure it to work with your target screen.
- A hand-driven overlay now runs on top of your kiosk UI, enabling touchless interaction.
To run TouchFree you will need the following minimum system specifications:
- Ultraleap Leap Motion Controller or Stereo IR 170 (see notes on camera module placement)
- Windows® 10, 64-bit
- Minimum Intel HD Graphics 530
- Intel® Core i5/i7 processor;
- 4 GB RAM;
- USB 2.0 port